Welcome to ArtWalk Volunteers! Your interest is appreciated. Without you, we would not be able to create and carry out this awesome 19 day event, and for that, we thank you for your time and dedication. As a representative of ArtWalk, we ask that you take a few moments to review the following information. The material will answer many of your questions and help you get the most of your volunteer experience.
How to register
The following link will take you to the registration page.
Questions or comments you may have can be sent to email@example.com
or call Bob Warren at 616-443-3904 or Barbara Carlson at 616-638-0873
ArtWalk offers the following opportunities for you to contribute to this great community event:
- Opening Day Activities – Wednesday, September 21
- ArtBike Parade – Saturday, September 24
- Family Art Day – Saturday, September 24
- Music and Artist Meet & Greet – Sunday, September 25
- Art Market – Saturday, October 1
- Youth Competition Picnic – Tuesday, October 4
- 4th Grade Education Day – Tuesday, September 27
- Closing Awards & Party – Thursday, October 6
General ArtWalk Volunteer Guidelines and Information
Reporting for Duty
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow you time to “settle in” and get any instructions you may need. It will also help transition if you are relieving someone.
You will be notified when and where you need to be for each event you work.
All volunteers should wear an ArtWalk 2016 T-shirt. They will be handed out during the volunteer meeting prior to opening day, they will also be available at events. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, and being prepared with weather specific items. ArtWalk will be open rain or shine
Children on shifts
Unfortunately, we are unable to have children come along with parents for volunteer shifts. If your child is 14 years or older, they may obtain a work permit from their school to attend a volunteer shift with their parent.
- Dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times. • Follow the established rules and guidelines of ArtWalk.
- Report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. • Abstain from the consumption or use of all alcohol, tobacco products and illegal substances while working with ArtWalk.
Volunteers who are approached by the media of any kind should not speak on behalf of ArtWalk for any reason. Instead, volunteers should refer all media contacts to the event chair, ArtWalk or DDA staff.
We advise that you leave your valuables in your car or at home. There will be a lost and found at HQ. ArtWalk is not responsible for any lost, stolen or unattended belongings.
All laws pertaining to harassment apply to your volunteer participation with ArtWalk.
While we appreciate your generous spirit in sharing your time as a volunteer, your volunteer service is considered at-will and may be terminated by ArtWalk as a result of missed shifts or unacceptable behavior. ArtWalk reserves the right to end a volunteers association at any time for any reason. Likewise volunteers may end their association at any time.
Perks of being a volunteer
As an ArtWalk volunteer you are invited to Opening and Closing festivities. You will be working alongside friends and neighbors in a fun environment, all while creating a positive community-wide experience.
We would love your feedback about your experiences as a volunteer. Please let us know what we can do to make this a great experience!
Thank you! We look forward to working with you during ArtWalk 2015!